This scrumptious ice cream is so simple (only 3 ingredients!) and yet is always a winner. I have to give all credit for this recipe to Mrs Williamson, the lovely mummy of my good friend Sarah who I met at Vet School. The Williamson family own a dairy farm in Cumbria and this ice cream is just one of the many gorgeous homemade dishes I have experienced in their home.
- 300ml Double Cream
- 395ml tin of condensed milk
- 4 x 40g bars of Crunchie (or Dime or any other chocolate you fancy chopping up and trying!)
1. Pour the double cream into a dish and whisk until it is about to turn into thick whipped cream.
2. Pour in the tin of condensed milk and gently whisk to combine.
3. Chop your favorite chocolate bar (Crunchie is advised as the best) and then mix to combine.
4. Place in a freezable container and freeze overnight!
I have made this ice cream today to serve with a dessert that I am making on Friday so……. watch this space!